Return to Tennis- Covid 19
The club will re-open for tennis from Wednesday 20th May.
There are essential maintenance works that need to be completed on the courts to make them safe to play and these cannot be completed until the 18th/19th.
|Club Facilities & Access
- Access to the club is for members only. Visitors and spectators are not permitted. The gates will remain closed and access will be via key pad. The code will be issued by text to all club members before reopening.
- The club kitchen, toilets and changing rooms will remain closed and therefore there will be no access to toilet or hand washing facilities. Hand gel dispensers will be provided at the main club entrance and also at the entrances to the courts.
- As it is not possible to maintain the necessary segregation and cleaning to allow safe access to the lights, the club will close at sunset every evening until further notice.
|Play & Court Booking
- In line with Tennis Ireland Recommendations play will be Singles Only in Phase 1.
- The Court Booking System has been modified to allow booking of 1 hour slots only and to reduce congestion in the club there is a short gap between slots.
- When booking a court both players must be named. This is a requirement to allow the club facilitate Contact Tracing should it be required.
- Both players on a booking must be members of the club, the guest facility will be suspended in this phase.
- It is not permitted to book consecutive slots or for one person to book several courts at the same time.
- Under 18s are only permitted on court in the company of a parent. There will be no organised Junior Tennis activities at this point. Members are however encouraged to book a court to play with their children.
- In line with Government restrictions only members who live within 5km of the club should attend the club at this time.
- There will be no organised group activities or tournaments for the foreseeable future.
- This includes Monday Night Tennis, Club Night, Cardio Tennis and match play events.
- Please respect both the Government Guidelines and fellow club members and do not attempt to organise group games.
- Do not attend the club if you are unwell of have had any Covid-19 symptoms within the last 14 days. This includes people who have been tested and are currently negative.
- Do not attend the club if you have been in contact with anyone with a confirmed OR suspected case of Covid-19 within the last 14 days.
- Do not attend the club if you have travelled outside the Republic of Ireland within the last 14 days.
- Only attend the club if you have a pre-booked game
- Arrive no more than 10 mins before your game and leave immediately afterwards
- Respect social distancing when entering and leaving the courts, allow other members sufficient space to leave the courts and return to their cars.
- Do not stay in the club after your game
- No spectators.
- Children must be supervised at all times. Please do not bring children to sit in the car while you play your game.
- Tennis Ireland advice is that members who are over 70 continue to cocoon and therefore not play for the duration of this initial phase.
- If you are using facemasks, gloves etc. please bring them home with you. Do not discard any items in the club facilities.
- Do not share equipment – players to use their own water bottles, towels etc. Do not try each other’s rackets!.
- Tennis Ireland recommend that both players have their own tennis balls, clearly marked for serving. Tennis balls should be sanitised/washed regularly.
- Paul Casey’s method for serving and picking up, passing back without touching the ball can be used – see the video shared on the club Facebook Page.
- Use either the club or your own hand sanitiser as you enter and leave the courts.
- Swap ends at opposite sides of the net.
- Do not gather at the net, maintain the 2m social distance recommendation at all times
- No hand shaking, Hi 5s etc.
- No spitting, either on or off court.
- Please respect players on neighbouring courts, stick to your own court.
There will be limited coaching restarting in the Club from the end of May. All coaching will be in line with the Tennis Ireland guidelines. A separate Risk Assessment and Guidance Document will be issued for coaching, however the main points are as follows:
- Coaching is initially only available to members (junior & senior) who live within 5km of the club.
- Coaching will only be available either on an individual basis or with a maximum of 3 people from a single household.
- Coaching will be limited to a single court which will be allocated by the Club.
- Junior coaching will only be available up to 17:30.
- Coaching must be pre-booked. As there will be limited time slots please be patient as we try to facilitate people as much as possible.
- A parent/guardian will be required to be present during Junior Coaching. Please minimize this to a single person as much as possible.
You can Download a copy of this plan here – Return To Tennis Plan